If you’re looking for a fun holiday with your family, Dubai is certainly a great choice. Warm hospitality, out-of-this-world thrilling adventure, and unmatchable shopping experiences greet your family in this wonderful city—a charming destination that wonderfully combines tradition with modernity. The city shall mesmerize you and your family with various attractions, both natural and man-made. Dubai is one destination you are sure to love sharing with your family.
Places to Visit in Dubai with Family
Here are top 25 places in Dubai where you can spend quality time with you family and love one:
Love Lake Dubai
Enjoy some special moments with your family in the lap of nature at the tranquil Al Qudra Oasis, home to the amazing Love Lake that has two interconnected large heart-shaped lakes.
- It’s a fun day out of picnic and barbeque with your family at the Love Lake Dubai which has ample space for both
- You are sure to admire the greenery here that has many colorful birds flocking to it
- It’s an ideal destination for fitness enthusiasts beckoning them with an on-site running track
- Watch the sunset over the Love Lake—a truly spectacular sight
- Admire the various sculptures of hearts and you are sure to find the trees that have been manicured so that when viewed from above, the word ‘love’ is spelled out absolutely amazing
Moon Lake Dubai
Feel the soothing calmness of the desert at the Moon Lake in the Al Qudra desert. It’s a wonderful escape from the buzz of city life that Dubai is.
- It’s a truly unique destination with a natural lake that’s shaped like a crescent
- The place is a new discovery and is, therefore, great to explore
- Enjoy blissful relaxation at this calm and tranquil place with your family
- You’ll also spot some of the local wildlife, a few Oryxes here
- The views of the sunset and sunrise at the Moon Lake are just spectacular
Just a 90-minute drive away from the hustle and bustle of Dubai is the serene Hatta Dam, the perfect escape from the stress of everyday life.
- Located next to the Hatta Fort Hotel, the Hatta Dam with the Hajar Range as the backdrop offers stunning vistas
- Drive a car along the edge of the water and soak in the rugged beauty of the Hajar Range
- Take in the gorgeous scenery while kayaking on the waters of the lake
- Your kids are sure to adore the ducks by the waters of the lake
- You’ll find a large mural commemorating the founding fathers of the UAE, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, and Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum absolutely stunning
You are sure to enjoy the calmness of Snoopy Island, a 2-hour drive from Dubai in the company of your family. It’s a small rock outcropping that has risen out of the waters to resemble Snoopy above his doghouse.
- The calm waters make this place a snorkeler and professional diver’s haven
- The tranquility also attracts couples and families looking for a break from city life
- There are amazing coral reefs that add to the beauty of the place
- Take a splash in the water which stays warm all year with your family
- Scuba diving, kayaking, snorkeling, and other water sports can liven things up at this charming getaway
- There’s also a bar and grill serving tasty dishes and drinks
Ensconced among the Hajar Mountains, the Shees Park opened its doors to visitors only recently in October 2020. With various outdoor facilities, this is a perfect destination for road trips with your family.
- You are sure to find the man-made waterfall that falls into a beautiful lake just perfect for a photo op
- There are 506 meters of mountain walkways and paths in the lovely park for you to explore with your family
- Enjoy a picnic and barbecuing at designated zones within the park
- Watch your kids have fun at the play area that has swings, slides, and see-saws
- Go on a relaxing walk with your family on the beautifully landscaped lawns of the park
Legoland Water Park
The Legoland Water Park at Dubai Parks and Resorts offers a day out filled with fun and excitement with water slides and thrilling rides lined up for your family.
- Designed specifically for kids between 2 and 12 years of age
- LEGO themed attractions at the water park have more than 20 rides on offer
- Enjoy getting drenched in the Joker Soaker, the top draw
- Try building a LEGO raft on your own that you can use to slide through the lazy river
- It’s a day filled with fun and frolic splashing around in the water at this amazing water park
We’ve had an amazing childhood playing with LEGO bricks. Legoland Dubai brings alive those lovely memories where you can spend quality time with your family playing with LEGO bricks.
- Your childhood memories come alive here
- Legoland Dubai is dotted with rides with the world of LEGO as its theme
- There are lots of games, restaurants, building experiences, and entertainment options here
- The main attractions are the LEGO-themed rides
- It’s a wonderful destination for a day out with your family
Bollywood Parks, Dubai
Bollywood Parks in Dubai is the first-ever theme park with Bollywood as its theme. If Bollywood films leave you awestruck, this is the place for you!
- The park is divided into five stunning zones
- Bollywood’s greatest blockbusters are the inspiration for this park
- Sets from films like Lagaan and Sholay have been wonderfully recreated here
- Catch up on a Bollywood musical at the Rajmahal Theater
- Your family is sure to love a visit to this wonderful fantasy land
Motiongate Dubai Theme Park
Explore three of Hollywood’s biggest studios, DreamWorks Animations, Lionsgate, and Columbia Pictures at the Motiongate Dubai Theme Park.
- Watch a world of charming storytelling and innovative presentation unfold at this amazing place
- Revel in the world of the Smurfs or join forces with Ghostbusters to protect New York
- Your kids are sure to love the amazing roller coasters
- The multimedia theater shows are just breathtaking
- Explore New York at a movie set at Studio Central
It’s an escape from Dubai’s searing heat for you and your family at Ski Dubai which brings alive the Swiss Alps right in the heart of Dubai City.
- A zone of snow bang in the middle of a desert city is an awe-inspiring engineering marvel
- Experience the joy of a sub-zero land right in Dubai
- Go on a ride on the Zip Line that takes you zipping across the entire park
- Enjoy skiing, no matter what your skill level is
- Have fun with your family tobogganing or snowboarding and get photographed with penguins
Aquaventure Water Park
The number 1 water park in the Middle East, the Aquaventure Water Park welcomes you and your family for a wonderful time on its amazing water slides.
- Enjoy a ride on the Aqua Conda, the world’s largest water slide
- Test your nerves at Poseidon’s Revenge, the ultimate thrill show
- Take a dive into a pool of rays and other aquatic creatures at the Leap of Faith
- Enjoy sliding along ziplines and splashing in lagoons
- It’s a day of fun and frolic with your family as you splash around in the water
Jumeirah Beach Park
Spread across 12 hectares, the Jumeirah Beach Park is a wonderful place for a relaxing day out with your family away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- The clean sands and the tall coconut trees make for a wonderful sight
- There’s a lot of space for picnics and family gatherings in the lap of nature
- There are many facilities on offer like picnic tables, showers, a children’s play area, a BBQ area, and more
- Enjoy lip-smacking snacks served at food kiosks
- It’s a fun day out with your family by the serene seaside at the wonderful Jumeirah Beach Park
The Dubai Creek
Explore Dubai in its traditional avatar at the Dubai Creek where you travel back in time. You’ll love soaking in the sights and sounds of the buzzing city here.
- Hire a water taxi to explore the various attractions while sailing along the creek
- Book a cruise on a dhow, a traditional Arabian boat for a relaxing day out with your family
- Sail along the creek and witness how it passes through Safa Park and the super posh Sheikh Zayed Road before falling into the Arabian Sea
- Enjoy watching the exotic birds at the Ras al Khor Bird Sanctuary at the creek’s end
- The lights of Dubai city shimmering on the waters of the Dubai Creek is an amazing sight your family is sure to love
The Dubai Fountain
It’s a sheer joy watching jets of water shoot sky high from the tallest dancing fountain in the world and your family will just love it!
- The Dubai Fountain is a wonder of water creating magic with 25 color projectors and WET superlight bulbs in thousands offering a mesmerizing light show
- It’s a wonderful fountain that takes your breath away located on the Burj Lake
- Apart from the light show, the fountain dances to iconic songs like Jackson’s Thriller or Lionel Richie’s All Night Long, a spectacle you and your family just can’t miss
- You can’t hold yourself back from jiving as the fountain dances to lovely songs
- Your kids are sure to love watching how the fountain comes alive to pulsating music
The Burj Khalifa
You can see it from every corner of the city. Yes, we’re talking about the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa. It’s a must-see on your Dubai bucket list.
- Take the world’s fastest glass elevator all the way up to the observation decks on the 124th and 125th floors
- Enjoy a fine dining experience with your family at the Atmosphere on the 122nd floor
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Dubai Fountain from the heights of the Burj Khalifa
- The ‘At the Top Sky’ experience takes you to the 148th floor for even more stunning vistas
- Your family and you are sure to be thrilled by the stunning panoramic views of Dubai from atop the Burj Khalifa
Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
Your family will adore you for this. A visit to one of the largest suspended aquariums in the world is sure to impress them. This amazing place on the Dubai Mall’s ground floor will have your family floored.
- Explore the world of aquatic animals at the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo which finds a place in all rankings of the top places to visit in Dubai consistently
- Watch various exotic marine animals like manta rays, sand tiger sharks, reef sharks, turtles, and more
- Don’t skip the ‘Swim with the Sharks’ session—an experience of a lifetime that has you diving into the water in the aquarium’s tanks, one of the largest in the world
- Witness exhibits like the King Croc, a huge 40-year old alligator at the underwater zoo
- Enjoy the thrilling sea walking experience inside the aquarium
Desert Safari Dubai
This is one adventure you wouldn’t ever think of skipping when in Dubai with your family. There could be no better way to explore Dubai’s vast desert than to go on this exciting safari.
- Explore the flora and fauna of the desert by taking this trip to the vast arid land
- Go on the super thrilling dune bashing in a 4×4 racing through the sand dunes
- Go on a ride with your family on the ‘ship of the desert,’ the camel
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the sunset in the desert
- Dig into a sumptuous BBQ spread at a camp with a Bedouin ambiance
Enjoy fine dining with your family at exotic restaurants in the super posh Dubai waterfront, the Dubai Marina. The views of Dubai’s skyline from here are just breathtaking!
- Everyone in your family is sure to enjoy each other’s company while taking a walk in the beautiful Dubai Marina
- You’ll love taking in the views of ships, dhows, and cruise liners sailing on the waters
- Savor a delicious meal at one of the posh restaurants here like the Leonardo Restaurant Dubai, La Fontana, Zafran Indian Bistro, and more
- Revel in the glamour and opulence of Dubai’s most posh zone
- Your family and you are sure to feel your spirits soaring at the Dubai Marina
Dubai Miracle Garden
Seeing is believing. You won’t believe there’s such a lush green garden in a desert city like Dubai until you visit it. You and your family are sure to be smitten by the garden’s beauty.
- You’ll love the pretty flowers here at the Dubai Miracle Garden, the world’s largest flower garden
- Get snapped in the middle of the garden with the giant floral teddy bear holding a heart of flowers
- Don’t miss the Emirates A380 installation made of as many as 500,000 living plants and flowers
- You’ll love walking through the sunflower field with your family enjoying the beauty of the pretty yellow sunflowers
- Take in the beauty of the different floral installations like the igloos, the pyramids, the trains, and of course, the Burj Khalifa
This is a perfect place to visit with your family. It showcases products made by craftsmen and artisans from different countries.
- Witness the entire world on one stage at the Global Village, one of Dubai’s top cultural destinations
- There are 23 pavilions showcasing items from 70 different countries for you to explore
- There are live street performances to enthrall your family and live shows by singers, DJs, and international artists here
- There are many stalls with traditional items from many countries lined up here from which you can buy traditional items as souvenirs
- Tuck into delicious food from different countries served at the food trucks here
Wild Wadi Water Park
Your family and you are sure to have the time of your lives at the Wild Wadi Water Park, home to many thrilling water sports activities.
- Enjoy a day of fun and frolic experiencing more than 30 thrilling rides and slides
- Don’t miss the Jumeirah Sceirah, the Middle East’s tallest and fastest free-fall slide
- Splash around in the Breaker’s Bay, home to the UAE’s largest wave pool
- Play around in the Tantrum Alley which has three mammoth tornadoes and a crazy splash pool
- It’s fun playing at the Juha’s Dhow and Lagoon with water guns
You and your family are sure to be mesmerized at the Ferrari World, the largest indoor theme park in the world which brings alive the roar of Formula 1.
- You’ll be thrilled by all the 17 rides and attractions here, all of them inspired by the world of Ferrari
- Explore Formula 1 racing by having a go at the racing simulators here
- Experience an unforgettable adrenaline rush aboard the Formula Rossa, the world’s fastest roller coaster at 240kms/hr.
- To add icing to the cake, take a ride on the Flying Ace, the world’s highest roller coaster loop
- What you’ve witnessed on screen admiringly comes alive here at the Ferrari World
Apart from tall skyscrapers, what also makes Dubai a popular tourist destination are its beaches. One such beach is the Kite Beach where you can spend quality time with your family flying kites.
- Apart from flying kites, enjoy stunning views of the Burj Al Arab
- Take in the beauty of the glistening emerald waters splashing against the beach
- Jump for a while on the trampolines
- Enjoy skating at the Skate Park
- Relax in the gentle breeze that blows across the beach
It’s an educational tour for your kids at the Kidzania, Dubai. Teach them to take responsibilities like an adult as they get busy role playing as doctors, engineers, or cops.
- It’s adorable watching your kid play the role of an adult for a day
- There are as many as 40 roles to choose from in a real city like setting
- Bring out the innovativeness and creativity in your kids as they participate in activities across platforms like the Kinder Chocolate Factory, KidZania Natural Archives, Flight Simulator, and the Metropolitan Theater
- It’s very fulfilling when you see your kids get rewarded for their efforts with KidZos, the currency at KidZania
- This is a great place to teach your kid the spirit of teamwork and camaraderie
IMG World of Adventures
This place is a dream come true for your kids. Their favorite characters from Marvel and Cartoon Network come alive to create a fun fantasy world.
- Explore the different zones like Marvel, Lost Valley, IMG Boulevard, Novo Cinemas, and more at Dubai’s biggest indoor amusement park
- Enjoy thrilling rides on roller coasters and other themed rides, as many as 17 of them!
- Explore the Lost Valley beckoning you with the Jurassic Age where you’ll see life-sized dinosaurs
- Get up and close with Marvel and Cartoon Network characters including Ben 10, Iron Man, Power Puff Girls, The Avengers, and more
- You’ll love how your childhood comes alive here
So, these were the popular places that you can visit in Dubai with the family. If you know any other similar places then do let us know.