ReviewsNo reviews yet
The Bedouin Culture Safari is a truly immersive experience that lets you take a peek into the rustic way of life of the Bedouins.
|Time||5:30 am - 6:30 am|
|Child policy||5 - 11 years|
|Highlights||Traverse the desert, like a true nomad, by camel to an authentic Bedouin village.|
|Vehicle type||1950's Vintage land rover ( Pick up from hotel will be in 4x4 car )|
|Location||Dubai desert conservation reserve.|
- Get picked up from Dubai hotels between 05:30 AM and 06:30 AM, depending on the season. We will inform you of the exact pick-up time the afternoon before your Safari.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and receive your Headscarf and a Stainless Steel Water Bottle. These are included in each booking and are a gift for our guests to take home.
- Traverse the desert, like a true nomad, by camel to an authentic Bedouin village. The camel ride is 15 minutes long, and each camel can accommodate two guests.
- Explore a traditional village with Bedouin tents, cooking stations and farm animals.
- Get friendly with a Saluki dog and engage in a 25-minute falconry performance.
- Savour a traditional Emirati breakfast and learn how it’s prepared.
- Listen to Bedouin storytellers and learn more about their rich heritage.
- Partake in a traditional dance performance with young locals.
- Embark on a nature Safari in a vintage Land Rover (60 minutes).
- Return to the hotel between 10:30 AM and 12:00 PM, depending on the season. Your total experience will last approximately five hours.
It takes you on a desert safari to a Bedouin village where you get to see how the Bedouins live their daily lives. The modern land of the UAE presents itself in a whole new ‘avatar’ on the Bedouin Culture Safari. What adds to the old-world charm of this safari is the fact that you’ll be traveling in vintage Land Rovers.
In a camp inhabited by the nomadic Bedouins, you meet a traditional storyteller and get up and close with a friendly Saluki dog as well as a falcon. You’ll get to learn how the two animals helped the Bedouins survive the challenges the tough life in the deserts would throw at them. The dogs and the falcons would help the Bedouins live their daily lives in the harsh deserts by helping them hunt and herd.
Dig into an authentic and sumptuous traditional authentic Emirati breakfast as you admire various cultural performances presented by the happy-go-lucky Bedouins. You are sure to find this invigorating cultural tour very interesting and intriguing. It helps you know how life in the arid deserts of the UAE used to be before the discovery of oil transformed it into a wonder of the modern world.
Bedouin Culture Safari Highlights
- The safari is organized from 1st October to 15th May
- You’ll be provided with an adventure pack
- You’ll travel in a vintage Land Rover
- It’s a 60-minute safari in the lap of nature
- A visit to a Bedouin village
- A traditional Emirati breakfast
- A 15-minute camel caravan ride
- Cultural activities
- We pick you up from your Dubai hotel between 5:30 and 7:00 am depending on what season it is. The exact pick-up time shall be informed to you in the afternoon just before the safari is scheduled
- You shall be given your adventure pack as soon as you arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. The pack contains a stainless steel water bottle, a headscarf, and a bag. It comes with each booking and you may take it home after the safari
- Travel through the desert for 15 minutes to a Bedouin village on camelback. Each of these friendly camels can accommodate two guests
- The village has Bedouin tents, farm animals, and cooking stations for you to explore
- Enjoy a filling and delicious traditional Emirati breakfast. You’ll also be taught how to cook it
- Get to know about the rich cultural heritage that the Bedouins have assiduously preserved through the ages from storytellers
- Join a traditional dance performance presented by youngsters
- Set off on a desert safari of 60 minutes in a genuine vintage Land Rover
- You’ll be dropped back at your hotel between 10:30 am and 12:00 pm depending on what season it is. The total experience is of around 5 hours
Some Interesting Facts
- A part of what you pay for this exotic safari is spent on Dubai’s local conservation of flora and fauna
- Shared pick-ups are arranged from your hotel/residence in an air-conditioned vehicle unless you choose any other option including private transfers
- The desert gets pretty hot in the afternoons. We, therefore, advise you to carry a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses. Also, please turn up in comfortable loose clothing. Again, the desert can get quite chilly in the winter. Please carry warm clothing if you visit the desert in the winter
- Child rates are applied to children between 5 and 11 years of age
- You shall have to book a private car if you’re traveling with children less than 5 years old
- A camel can accommodate only two guests
- The camp has bathrooms
- Guests who are more than 6 months pregnant are advised to avoid going on the desert safari
- There are some vehicles that can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests