ReviewsNo reviews yet
- Top-level air-conditioning
- The best quality leather upholstery for the interiors
- Stereo with surround sound facility
- Partition wall providing total privacy for the passengers
- Windows with tinted glasses to ensure privacy
- Intercom facility to talk to the chauffeur
- The limousine model is the latest one available in its range
- Water & Soft drinks Will be provided.
The UAE is largely known as a land of deserts. However, the country has recently focused on creating spaces filled with lush greenery. With this mission being the driving force, the authorities in the UAE came up with the Shees Park located in Khor Fakkan amidst the Hajar Mountains. The park, equipped with the necessary amenities and facilities was opened to the public in October 2020 and it’s an ideal destination for road trips during the cooler months.
Shees Park Location
The park is in Wadi Shees, Khor Fakkan in Sharjah’s outskirts. Even though it’s in Sharjah, it takes less time to reach the Shees Park from Dubai. While it takes around 45-60 minutes to reach the park from Sharjah depending on your location, it takes only 30 minutes to reach there from Dubai by a car.
To reach the Shees Park, you’ll need to drive along the Emirates Road (E611) towards Sharjah. You’ll then have to drive on the exit to the Khor Fakkan Road. Take the ramp for the Shees area after driving on the Khor Fakkan Road for around 70 kilometers. You’ll then need to continue straight to the Masafi Road from the roundabout to reach the Shees Park.
Note: Entry into the Shees Park is free.
Things to do at Shees Park
Spread across a mammoth 11,362 square meters, the Shees Park offers lots of activities for a fun-filled outing.
1) Admire the Waterfall in the Park
One of the most pleasing things to do at the Shees Park is to admire the man-made 25 feet high waterfall cascading into a lake. The waterfall and the lake create truly picturesque scenery with the Hajar Mountains in the backdrop worth capturing on your camera.
2) Take a Stroll along the Mountain Walkways
There’s all of 506 meters of mountain walkways and paths, each one truly beautiful that are perfect to take a relaxing walk along. The mountain terraces in three levels lead to a central viewing deck, a spot that welcomes you with stunning vistas of the entire park and the mountains.
3) Have a barbeque
The Shees Park comes with a zone dedicated to barbequing. However, you can’t be assured of finding a pit as there’s quite a rush, especially on weekends. There are also shaded seating areas where you can spend some quality time with your family and friends and enjoy your fun-filled picnic in the outdoors.
4) Take Your Kids to the Play Area
There’s a large play area surrounded by the shaded seating featuring see-saws, slides, swings, and more your kids are sure to have a fun time at.
5) Stroll Through the Park
After you’ve enjoyed the company of your family and friends at the picnic, you can take a relaxing walk through the beautifully landscaped lawns and gardens especially during the winters.
6) Catch a Show at the Outdoor Theater
The park has an open-air amphitheater that can seat up to 70 people where you can enjoy watching some fun shows.
The Shees Park also has restaurants/cafes, parking facilities and toilets.
Some Important Points
- You can barbeque only at the designated zones
- No dogs are allowed
- Camping, playing football, hunting, horse riding, shisha smoking, and swimming aren’t allowed here
- Vehicles are to be parked only at the parking area
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Where is the Shees Park located?
The Shees Park is located in Wadi Shees, Khor Fakkan in the outskirts of Sharjah.
- Is there any entry fee to the Shees Park?
No. Entry into the Shees Park is absolutely free.
- Can I take pets to the Shees Park?
No. Pets aren’t allowed at the Shees Park.
- When is the best time to visit Shees Park?
The whole of UAE, being a desert area is hot and humid. The best time to visit the park is therefore in the months of winter.
- Can I barbeque at the Shees Park?
Yes, you can barbeque at the Shees Park only if there’s a pit available. We advise you to reach the park early as there’s quite a bit of rush, especially during the winters.
- Where should I park my car?
There’s a large dedicated parking zone where you’ll have to park your car.
- How big is the Shees Park?
The Shees Park is spread over a massive 11,362 square meters.
- Is it necessary to carry our own food to the Shees Park?
No. It’s not necessary to take your own food to the Shees Park as there are restaurants there serving mouthwatering food.
- How long does it take to reach Shees Park from Dubai and Sharjah?
From Dubai, the Shees Park is only a 30-minute drive while from Sharjah, it’s a 45-60 minute drive.